Earth Hour 2009 Official Video
(yes, I know the video distorts the page layout, but that's trivial la right?)
(yes, I know the video distorts the page layout, but that's trivial la right?)
Eh yo, have you guys heard? Tzu Peng has been working for WWF for about a month now, so basically she's already an official environmentalist. I kinda envy her, at least she's contributing positively to the Earth. And here I am, in my air-conditioned room, leaving behind my carbon footprints without care nor concern. Now I'm starting to feel guilty...
Anyway there's an upcoming event which the world would like us all to take part in. Yes, its the Earth Hour 2009! In this event the world will join hands to create awareness on global warming, and here's how it works: willing participants around the globe ceases to use electricity for an hour. And just as simple as it sounds, it is also just as simple for you to participate. Its easy, just turn off all your lights and electrical appliances for a full hour. Along with you, the whole of KL (hopefully) will also be participating this year, a first for the city.
Time: 8.30pm - 9.30pm (I'm not sure if this is +8GMT or not)
Date: 28 March 2009
Venue: Earth
For more information:
Earth Hour KL
Wikipedia: Earth Hour
Record your participation:
Sign Up (click on the top right button)
Lol, but to be honest I myself have not asked for permission from my parents to switch off the lights for an hour. Not yet, at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment